Back to top
There are some things you just have to do before you go on holiday. Here's a list to help jog your memory before you leave the house.
If travelling from overseas
- Make sure you know where your passport is and that it has not expired. You may need to obtain travel visas to visit New Zealand so please allow plenty of time for this (you can visit www.immigration.govt.nz to see current regulations)
- Arrange appropriate travel insurance cover
- Purchase some destination currency to get your trip started (you can always buy more when you arrive)
Before you leave
- Check you've received all tickets and confirmed your bookings at least two working days prior to departure
- Arrange childcare, pet sitter and house sitter
- Leave the 'do' and 'do not' list for your teenagers staying at home!
- Cancel your newspaper and organise someone to regularly clear your letterbox
- Leave a copy of your itinerary and contact details with someone from home
- On day of departure secure your house - lock all doors and windows and unplug electrical appliances and always double check you have your passport!
- Essential prescription medication to last for the duration of your trip
- Clothes to accommodate all weather possibilities - but always try to pack light!
- Hand luggage, especially if you're flying, should include travel documentation, money, valuables (camera etc), medication, change of clothes and entertainment (iPod, book, magazine etc). Please ensure you check with the airline you are travelling with to ensure you comply with the current policy of carrying liquids on board the aircraft.
- A pen - so often forgotten but so often needed!
Enjoy your holiday!
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the to ensure that the information on this website is
accurate and up to date, shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith.
Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant
government agencies. cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content.
Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online
graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced
information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© - https://www.napiernz.com/ / +64 0800 847 488 / email@example.com